Everyone is welcome! The SPMS Music Boosters has been an approved school district group for the last 3 years, but we have a real need for additional volunteers in order to continue.
Please read the following information & descriptions and consider joining our board:
What type of volunteers are needed? There are a few key positions that are open on the SPMS Music Boosters Executive Board as indicated below: Additionally, if you have a specific interest that is not listed, we are open to adding additional chair positions. Whatever talents you have, we would love to have you share them with us. What does the commitment look like? Board Members commit to their position from August to May. SPMS Music Boosters are expected to attend the Exec Board Meetings held once a month and quarterly General Assembly Mtgs (4 total) while also leading their position needs/requirements - please see below for descriptions of each position.
Description of Board Positions and Vacancy for School Year 2022-23: These descriptions are not all inclusive but provide an idea of what each position manages. We are happy to talk to anyone in more depth about any board position.
1. President: Organize and conduct the monthly meetings, sign checks and oversee financials, follow up and support the various other board positions with their activities, provide direct support to music teachers and music department events, be familiar with bylaws and ensure board follows bylaws and school district procedures. --Filled
2. Vice President: Supports the President, conducts monthly meetings if president is unable to, and ideally is willing to be a future president as needed. -- NEEDED!!!
3. Treasurer: is responsible for handling the money raised at events, making approved payments and making arrangements for counting of money at events. At each event, two people, the Treasurer and another Committee member should take charge of monies received and count the proceeds before they leave the event venue. -- Filled
4. Secretary: The main role of a Secretary is to support the Chairperson to ensure the smooth running of the PC/PTA and to maintain effective communication links between committee members and between the PC/PTA and the school. Their role may also include: • Ensuring meetings and minutes are well organized.-- Filled
5. Communications Director: Managing the boosters site, updating the events, uploading the music performances/ pictures, and taking pictures at different events if possible. - Filled
6. Fundraiser Director: Responsible for Wish Night fundraising and will work with Music Boosters to identify and host fundraising activities or events. Plan and organize dine-out/dine-in events once a month with local restaurants such as TeaMorrow, Chipotle, Blaze and The Habit. Filled
7. Event & Music Fest Chair:Work with other Chair positions on planning and organizing events that either help to Fundraise for Booster Club or provide a service to the school, students or music program. Ideally it would be great to have some kind of event each month - for example, Back to School event in August, Membership Drive event in Sept, Membership Party event in Oct, etc. Calendar the event dates and share with SPMS, SPUSD, and the Booster BoardPlan a yearly main fundraiser of some kind that can be repeated yearly. It does not have to be a "Music Fest" that is simply one suggestion. SPHS music boosters does a yearly spaghetti night. SPMS is looking not to copy that idea but to develop our own idea. Filled
8. Volunteer & Membership Coordinator: Create and maintain a database of parent volunteers who would be interested in volunteering in different ways. Send out a Google Form for parents to fill out and organize the results and reach out to parents wanting to volunteer to get them connected. Maintain and manage the membership database, run a membership drive in August/Sept and plan a few fun membership activities. If you have any interest in volunteering in any capacity, please email the Music Booster Communications Director.